Medico Legal CV
Dr M L Sharma, Consultant in Pain Medicine & Neuromodulation
MBBS, FRCA, MD, MSc Pain Management, FFPMRCA
Correspondence & Appointments:
Department of Pain Medicine
The Walton Centre NHS Foundation Trust,
Lower Lane, Liverpool, L9 7LJ
Tel: 0151 529 5752 Fax: 0151 529 5486
E mail: Carla.email@example.com; Manohar.firstname.lastname@example.org
Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery (MBBS) 1988; M. D. Anesthesiology & Pain Medicine, 1992; Fellowship of Royal College of Anesthetists (FRCA) London, 2000; MSc in Pain Management (Leicester), 2004, FFPMRCA 2008.
Appointments and special interests:
Consultant in Pain Medicine and Neuromodulation since December 2004 at the Walton Centre NHS Foundation Trust, Liverpool, L9 7LJ. I assess about 800 New Chronic pain patients every year. I work closely with Palliative medicine to deliver pain relief service for complex cancer pain patients. I have special interest in personal injuries related chronic pain, Cancer pain, Neuropathic pain, Complex regional pain syndrome (CRPS), Trigeminal Neuralgia, spinal pain including sciatica and Neuromodulation i.e. implantation of spinal cord stimulators for chronic pain.
Other important Activities:
- Clinical Director, Department of Pain Medicine (Since 2011), The Walton Centre NHS Foundation Trust, Liverpool.
- Appointed Trustee of Pain Relief Foundation, Liverpool in 2015.
- Past Chair: Interventional Pain Medicine Special Interest Group of British Pain Society.
- Past Chair: North England Pain Medicine Group.
- Examiner on behalf of Faculty of Pain medicine of Royal College of Anesthetists, London, for award of FFPMRCA.
- Examiner on behalf of European Pain Federation (EFIC) for award of Pain Diploma.
- Course Director for multidisciplinary Annual Pain course at Pain relief foundation, Liverpool.
- Course Director for European Cancer Pain School on behalf of European Pain Federation.
- Invited faculty for European and National Cadaver hands on courses (Amsterdam on behalf of International spinal injection society and Leeds Royal Infirmary, Leeds) for chronic spinal and facial pain interventions.
- Edited BMA Book of the year 2015 “Practical handbook on management of complex cancer pain” (Oxford University Press) and many publications, book chapters and presentations in National and International Chronic pain meetings.
- Expert Pain Specialist adviser to NICE to contribute to two Guideline development groups.
- Principle investigator for three NIHR funded multicentre trials at Walton Centre, Liverpool.
- Chief Investigator for a research project on Cordotomy for cancer related pain.
- Attended many study days and workshops on medico legal report writing and completing Bond Solon run course and accreditation in this field by September 2016.
- Many publications and systematic reviews in chronic pain.
Terms for Medico legal report writing:
- For the avoidance of doubt, Dr. Sharma is instructed as principal and not as agent for your client.
- Subject to the timely provision of information, letters and reports prepared in response to instructions will be delivered to the appointer within three to four weeks of examination.
- Exceptionally large bundles may require longer time to prepare report and will cost more. Usual fee for report is around £1500 unless medical negligence related report.
- Claimant to defendant reports ratio:90:10
- I prepare 2-4 reports per month.
- Fees for medical reports due within one month of supplying report and fee note and Commissioning Solicitor responsible for fee.